History of Cemetery
Victoria Cemetery is located at 843 Bronk Road, south of Plainfield, Ontario, on the north side of Parks Creek. Being basically rectangular in shape the cemetery is approximately 10 acres in size.
On November 22, 1901, Anna Maria Palmer sold the 10 acres to The Victoria Cemetery Company of Thurlow Limited for $600. This transaction was registered on December 9, 1901.
There is no doubt that the land was used much earlier as a family buring ground for the Parks family (former owners) and their neighbours. Unfortunately, very few written records exist of the old historic section in the southwest corner. The oldest burial date is that of Louisa Jane Sheffield on November 22, 1854.